At The Orchardville Society we can support you to prepare for a job, learn new skills, and become more independent. We have been supporting people to prepare for and find jobs for over 18 years with many different employers. The Employment and Skills service at Orchardville offers various programmes that support trainees prepare for work and get a job which is right for them. Experienced and supportive Employment Officers, Job Coaches and Trainers work with trainees to develop an individual action plan and programme of activities including:
· Careers advice and guidance
· Organise a voluntary work placements with an employer in the Belfast area.
· Arrange for you to go to training in one of our employability hubs
· The Orchard Café
· Espresso East
· The Orchardville Business Centre
· Mini Enterprise
· Support during the job application and interview process
· Regular support while at work
· Independent travel training or route training
- Have a diagnosis of Learning Disability or ASC.
- Be unemployed or not in full time training or education.
- Aged between 16 – 65.
- Reside in Belfast or North Down.
- Good attitude to work and be prepared to try your best.