Employment & Skills
SkillSET is a new employment project, funded by the UK Government, aimed at supporting people with a disability / health condition who are economically inactive to find a job. Orchardville is delivering the service across NI as part of a partnership of seven disability organisations and will focus on supporting people with learning disability/ difficulty or autism.
About Employment & Skills
SkillSET @ Orchardville provides an individualised employment programme which offers intensive support to participants, enabling them to achieve their personal goals. A range of services are available to ensure participants are well prepared for employment, secure a job and sustain it long term. Taking part in the project means you will have access to ALL of the following opportunities:
· Employability training courses including work experience, CV preparation and interview skills
· Basic skills and numeracy development including travel training, online safety and money management.
· Work placement and volunteering opportunities to gain work experience.
· On the job training and support at work.
· Orchardville has links to a wide range of employers who offer work opportunities that we can connect you to.
How to apply
The project can support people with disabilities who are 16+ who are keen to find a job, working part time or full time. This includes young adults who are preparing to leave education or who are attending Further/ Higher education. You can contact us directly or we can take referrals from a wide range of agencies including Jobs and Benefits Personnel, Health & Social Care Professionals, Careers Advisors, Schools, Training Providers and Families. If you would like to know more about the project, please contact us on 028 90 732326 or email firstname.lastname@example.org